"To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, September 2, 2010

The Coldest Day in August

Today I heard all of the songs that made me think of you
I cried and luaphed and thought of the past
It is bitter and sweet and lumps in my throat

Sometimes I feel you there
Watching, wishing
I wonder if you wish for the same things I do
More time, a chance to do things over

Time passes unwaivering
The empty space you used to fill follows me
It haunts the room

I miss you and love you

Wish I had told you more
So, once more for the road then


While you travel what unknown lies among the stars
Though your journey takes you from this place
I will keep you always
In love and in memory

No comments:

Post a Comment